From: John Covici <covici@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Haskell hell
Date: Fri, 05 Oct 2018 07:18:11
1 On Fri, 05 Oct 2018 02:55:38 -0400,
2 Klaus Ethgen wrote:
3 >
5 > Hash: SHA512
6 >
7 > Hi Folks,
8 >
9 > Currently I suffer from the bad haskell hell. I need the current
10 > git-annex that is only available in the haskell overlay.
11 >
12 > Unfortunately this brings me into the haskell dependency hell. For two
13 > days I am constantly adding keywords for one more package, emerging it,
14 > doing haskell-updater, doing emerge @preserved-rebuild and starting over
15 > again.
16 >
17 > It seems that no single package in thatoverlay, that is marked green is
18 > working and I have to add a keyword overwrite for them.
19 >
20 > Isn't there a way to escape the haskell dependency hell? Is there a
21 > clean way to compile and use haskell stuff? That is a real nightmare.
22
23 I use the overlay and the last major update was a pain. I had errors
24 when compiling the preserved-rebuild list, so I had to create a bash
25 script and do them individually. Sometimes a package needed something
26 further down in the list, so I had to compile that one first. If I
27 remember correctly I had to compile a couple of packages with
28 --nodeps, but I am not sure about that. I hope this helps you.
31 Your life is like a penny. You're going to lose it. The question is:
32 How do
33 you spend it?
34
35 John Covici wb2una