From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Fluxbox + wmdockapps ?
Date: Mon, 14 Sep 2009 06:24:22
1 On Monday 14 September 2009, meino.cramer@×××.de wrote:
2 > Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com> [09-09-14 04:03]:
3
4 > > Just add it in ~/.fluxbox/startup like so:
5 > >
6 > > wmnd -c orange -I eth0,wlan0,irda0,ppp0 &
7 > >
8 > > with your relevant ifaces that you want to monnitor.
9
10 > ...I read it would be sufficient to put those little helpers into
11 > ~/.fluxbox/slitlist...but this does not work for me. Furthermore,
12 > I have no ~/.fluxbox/startup file.
13 >
14 > ?
15
16 Hmm, it's been years since I installed fluxbox so I can't remember the details
17 and anyway the installation methods may have changed since. I thought that
18 every installation has a startup file where you define your different
19 background images/styles for each workspace and any applications that you
20 want starting up.
21
22 There is a script you can run which will scan your path to find applications
23 and create a menu for you. It may be that the startup file is created by
24 this?
25
26 In case it is not clear: there are dockapps (like wmnd) which are usually
27 placed at the corner of your screen and there are tooltray icons that are
28 placed in the slit (right hand side). The latter are application specific -
29 so unless you are running an application that owns them they won't show up
30 there - see attached screenshot.
31
32 You'll also need to have configured fluxbox with the necessary USE flags (like
33 gnome - if you're using gnome, slit, toolbar).
34
35 Have you looked at the fluxbox documentation?
36 --
37 Regards,
38 Mick

slitanddockapps.png image/png