From: Leandro Melo de Sales <leandroal@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Usb sound and ALSA
Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2006 04:32:56
1 Hi,
2
3 After I click on Apply button the Alsa Device Configuration section
4 become enabled, but when I specify hw1,0 in Stereo text field and play
5 a song amarok shows the message: "Audio output unavailable; the device
6 is busy.".
7
8 /proc/asound/ # ls
9 ASM5X0 Modem card1 cards hwdep oss seq version
10 ICH6 card0 card2 devices modules pcm timers
11
12 the file ASM5X0 is a symbolic link to card2.
13
14 /proc/asound/ # cat cards
15 0 [ICH6 ]: ICH4 - Intel ICH6
16 Intel ICH6 with unknown codec at 0xc8000800, irq 18
17 1 [Modem ]: ICH-MODEM - Intel ICH6 Modem
18 Intel ICH6 Modem at 0x3400, irq 18
19 2 [ASM5X0 ]: USB-Audio - AS-M5X0
20 Gradiente AS-M5X0 at usb-0000:00:1d.1-1, full speed
21
22 I also tried to specify hw2,0 but the message is the same, device is busy! :(
23
24 But a good news is that if I do:
25
26 mpg123 -a /dev/sound/dsp1 music.mp3
27
28 ... the file is played on my usb device perfectly!!! So, this is the
29 proof that kernel recognize the device and I just don't know how
30 switch alsa default device do /dev/sound/dsp1.
31
32 Any clue? Thank you,
33
34 Leandro.