From: Dale <teendale@×××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: gcc upgrade from 3.x to 4.x, when should I run revdep-rebuild?
Date: Sat, 09 Sep 2006 03:40:28
1 Bo Ørsted Andresen wrote:
2 >> I'm working on the list above. So far nothing belongs to anything.
3 >> Maybe I need a depclean on this thing. It is a 3 year old install if I
4 >> recall correctly.
7 > This has nothing to do with depclean. Neils suggesting that the md5sums were
8 > altered by fix_libtool_files.sh and hence not removed seems much more likely.
9 > Portage doesn't removed files with altered md5sums..
13 What would be a good way of finding files that were not deleted when
14 something was upgraded/unmerged? I thought depclean was different from
15 what I wanted to say but it got the ball rolling.
16
17 Last part, zoooooooom, right over my head I think. Let's see if I get
18 this right. emerge put a file in there, something, me maybe, changed
19 something so it leaves it alone. That right??
20
21 Gosh I wish someone could just pour all the Gentoo stuff in my head.
22
23 Dale
24
26 --