From: "Boyd Stephen Smith Jr." <bss03@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] kernel 2.6 upgrade howto
Date: Tue, 07 Dec 2004 20:57:33
1 On Tuesday 07 December 2004 03:15 am, Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
2 wrote:
3 > If you trust the makefile to install the modules, why not the kernel
4 > too? It's a lot easier than manually renaming three files (kernel,
5 > System.map and config), renaming the three symlinks to them, copying
6 > three files and creating three new symlinks.
7
8 Well, I don't have to do that much work to install my new kernel. I just
9 copy 3 files over and edit grub.conf. All my
10 config/System.map/kernel/initrd files have suitable extensions, so there's
11 never any replacement.
14 Boyd Stephen Smith Jr.
15 bss03@××××××××××.com
16 ICQ: 514984 YM/AIM: DaTwinkDaddy