From: n952162 <n952162@×××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Recommend C source browser/editor?
Date: Sat, 07 Aug 2021 07:23:17
1 On 8/6/21 10:25 PM, Grant Edwards wrote:
2 >
3 > Mostly I'd like to be able to:
4 >
5 > * Click on a function and list places from which it is called().
6 >
7 > * Click on a function call and goto it's definition.
10 Well, for me there's only vi.  The second requirement you get with
11 ctags. Works fantastic.
12
13 The first is handled by a simple tool that I developed, using a vi-macro
14 to invoke on a symbol ...
15
16 I could conjure it up from somewhere, but not today.
17
18 It will search a directory tree.  It doesn't use an index, but in my
19 experience, the performance was acceptable.
20
21 (there's cscope, of course, but I never really got to like that, for
22 some reason.  But check it out, it might be good for you)