From: Alexander Skwar <listen@×××××××××××××××.name>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: chrony seems to ignore configuration file
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2007 10:24:10
1 Alexander Skwar <listen@×××××××××××××××.name>:
2
3 > Does chrony work for you? Do I have chrony misconfigured?
4
5 For the archive:
6
7 I sort of had chrony misconfigured. On my system, I had the
8 "rtc" kernel module loaded. As soon as I exchanged that with
9 the "genrtc" module, chrony loaded the servers just fine.
10
11 It's documented, that the genrtc module is to be used. Nonetheless
12 I think it's bad that chrony did not even load the list of servers
13 if the wrong RTC module is loaded.
14
15 But that's just the way it is, I guess.
16
17 Regards,
18
19 Alexander Skwar