From: Holly Bostick <motub@××××××.nl>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] More splash problems
Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2005 15:51:51
1 bshlists schreef:
2 > On August 30, 2005 10:51 am, Holly Bostick wrote:
3 >
4 >>bshlists schreef:
5 >>
6 >>>Using all the suggestions on this thread I was able to get gensplash up
7 >>>and running. I however have one small problem the bootsplash come up
8 >>>some 1/3 the way through the bootup process. Now I remember seeing
9 >>>somewhere a change to a config file which would change when the
10 >>>bootsplash started.
11 >>>
12 >>>I'd appreciate it if someone would remind me how to do this.
13 >>
14 >>Afaik, it's not a change to a config file, it's a change in the way you
15 >>generate the initramfs.
19 > Okay. The method I used was by genkernel and the initramfs I'm using was to
20 > get the autodetection feature. If I change this don't lose that ability or
21 > does it matter?
22
23 Well, insofar as I've never used genkernel a day in my life, I don't
24 know for certain. But if you went to all the trouble of using genkernel
25 to get autodetection, then clearly autodetection 'matters' and should be
26 preserved.
27
28 I seem to recall Uwe posting in one of the several threads on this
29 subject a command line to get genkernel to include the splash data (as
30 well as whatever its already set to generate).
31
32 That information might be on the Wiki as well.
33
34 Holly
35 --
36 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list