From: Paul Sebastian Ziegler <psz@××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Cc: sdoma <sdoma@××××××××.cz>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Should we NEVER do an ``emerge -u world''?
Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2006 14:53:08
1 If the problem is that your device is not mounted automatically you can
2 simply try
3 mount /dev/sda1 /mnt/whatever
4 with the appropriate device and folder as root.
5
6 Apart from that you could check /etc/fstab for the "auto"-argument.
7
8 Or if this doesn't work you can check dmesg to see what happens to your
9 device.
10
11 Apart from this:
12 You SHOULD do emerge -u world. However emerge -uD world might be smarter...
13 Also don't forget to update your config-files with dispatch-conf or
14 etc-update.
15
16 hth
17 Paul
18
19 sdoma wrote:
20 > Hi,
21 >
22 > there is it again ...
23 > I've upgraded my system and things stop working. :(((
24 >
25 > After the upgrade there is no device coming up if I plug in an USB
26 > device.
27 > I'm on a stable (x86) system and I would need my USB disks just now. Any
28 > way to fix this quick?
29 >
30 > Thanks
31 > Frank