From: "W.Kenworthy" <billk@×××××××××.au>
To: Gentoo User <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-user] gconf problems
Date: Mon, 25 May 2009 03:53:11
1 I started getting these errors recently from a number of systems, as
2 well as failures in operation. The cause appears to be scripts/programs
3 running as root trying to contact the user gconf daemon. This is
4 "stupid" so how can I work around it. One case I am trying to fix is
5 hibernate scripts resetting the background on a laptop before it shuts
6 down - fails. Another is killing evolution from root when it dies, wont
7 exit etc.
8
9 Billk
10
11 GConf Error: Failed to contact configuration server; some possible
12 causes are that you need to enable TCP/IP networking for ORBit, or you
13 have stale NFS locks due to a system crash. See
14 http://www.gnome.org/projects/gconf/ for information. (Details - 1:
15 Failed to get connection to session: Did not receive a reply. Possible
16 causes include: the remote application did not send a reply, the message
17 bus security policy blocked the reply, the reply timeout expired, or the
18 network connection was broken.)