From: "Anthony E. Caudel" <acaudel@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] lcd console fonts
Date: Tue, 30 May 2006 20:19:42
1 maxim wexler wrote:
2 > Hi group,
3 >
4 > The console fonts in my new LCD monitor are H-U-G-E.
5 > Attempts to shrink them by adding vga=xxx at the grub
6 > prompt after the kernel line has no effect. Here's the
7 > entire grub session:
8 >
9 > grub> root (hd0,1)
10 >
11 > grub> kernel /vmlinuz vga=794 #1280x1024(so I'm told)
12 >
13 > grub> boot
16 > I'm not using a grub.conf file, preferring the manual
17 > method for now.
18 >
19 > X displays the required resolution excellently.
20 >
21 > FWIW, I'm using a Radeon 9200 pro vid card with the
22 > digital interface.
23 >
24 > Thanks,
25 >
26 > -MW
27 >
28 I fixed this with in the kernel:
29
30 In Device Drivers | Graphics support, set VESA VGA graphics support,
31 pick a VESA Driver Type ( I use vesafb-tng) and set the VESA Default
32 mode to what your native resolutions is.
33
34 Tony
37 Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary
38 Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.
39 -- Benjamin Franklin
40 --
41 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list