From: Andrew Lowe <agl@×××××××.au>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] How to get video output in the same window as the interface
Date: Sat, 17 Aug 2013 16:04:40
1 On 08/17/13 23:16, the wrote:
3 > Hash: SHA1
4 >
5 > On 08/17/13 18:14, Andrew Lowe wrote:
6 >> Hi all, I just did an "emerge world" and now my vlc interface has
7 >> gone feral. Previously a double click on a video would bring up one
8 >> window with the video in the centre and the controls surrounding
9 >> it, play, stop, progress bar etc. Now when it starts up, I get two
10 >> windows, one that contains the controls and a black rectangle with
11 >> the vlc witch's hat in the middle and another with the video
12 >> playing. I've tried all sorts of options but can't seem to find the
13 >> right combo - I probably can't see the wood for the trees after
14 >> playing around with it so much. Does anyone have any idea what the
15 >> config option is so I can bring things back to how they were?
16 >
17 > VLC has different display modes.
18 > The availability of these modes is
19 > determined by use flags.
20 > can you please write which video modes are available?
21 > (tools -> preferences -> video -> output )
22
23 According to the above I have Output set to default. The second window,
24 the video window, has as its window title:
25
26 VLC (hardware YUV SDL output)
27
28 My desktop environment is KDE 4. When doing the emerge world, I got a
29 segmentation fault during the build. Some googling revealed the
30 following forum topic:
31
32 http://tinyurl.com/lgo9r7x
33
34 I read the comment from alex46 @ 8:36pm, 14/6/2013 and rebuilt VLC with
35 those USE flags. That is when the problem appeared. Silly me, I didn't
36 notice that this was a two page topic and I had only read the first
37 page. I'm now going to follow the steps from the second page and see
38 what happens......
39
40 Andrew