From: Alexander Skwar <listen@×××××××××××××××.name>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Mount and write ntfs (natively)
Date: Wed, 09 Aug 2006 18:43:29
1 reader@×××××××.com schrieb:
2 > Peter Ruskin <peter.ruskin@×××××××××.com> writes:
3 >
4 >>> Yes. It's called ntfs3g. There's an ebuild for it.
5 >>>
6 >> Thanks for that tip, Alexander - it works well here.
7 >
8 > Peter or Alexander, can you give a few details of what you are able to
9 > do with it?
10
11 I don't use it - I just read about it.
12
13 > Can I put that on a live CD and boot with the cd, then be able to
14 > mount an ntfs disk and write to it?
15
16 Yes, you should be able to do so. The great thing is, that you
17 don't need no Windows libraries, in contrast to the "Captive
18 approach". And you're able to write to NTFS.
19
20 > Or does anyone know if any of the Live CDs `knoppix' style have this
21 > tool on board?
22
23 ntfs3g is *VERY* *VERY* new. I don't think that a "knoppix style"
24 CD already has it. But I *bet*, that they'll have it quite soon.
25
26 Alexander Skwar
27 --
28 "What you end up with, after running an operating system concept through
29 these many marketing coffee filters, is something not unlike plain hot
30 water."
31 (By Matt Welsh)
32 --
33 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list