From: Steven G Wagner <digital9ja@×××.net>
To: "gentoo-user@××××××××××××.com" <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-user] Mutt Use Flag Advice
Date: Wed, 04 Oct 2006 20:20:01
1 I've never used Mutt before and I'd like to try it. I'm running kernel
2 2.6.16-hardened-r11 and I was wondering what use flags I should set when
3 emerging Mutt. I ran emerge -pv mutt and it looked like some of the disabled
4 items should be enabled, like -pop and -gpgme. Maybe support for these
5 things are enabled another way, but I would like to use mutt with gpg and
6 pull mail off the cox server.
7
8 Can anyone please help me decide which use flags I should enable before
9 emerging mutt? I've been doing some reading on the subject, but I'm not very
10 familiar with configuring mua's so I'm a little confused as to what flags
11 should be enabled and which are better left alone until I grok this better.
12 I'm not adverse to simply leaving as is and compiling with the default
13 flags, but I would like to keep this system as stable and hardened as
14 possible so any advise would be really appreciated.
15
16 Thanks a lot,
17
18 Steven