From: maxim wexler <blissfix@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [OT] Xandros, EEE which partition to chroot
Date: Sun, 12 Apr 2009 14:51:15
1 > There isn't room to install Gentoo alongside Xandros on a
2 > 4GB Eee. Either
3 > install Gentoo to an SD card for now or bite the bullet and
4 > wipe Xandros
5 > before installation.
6
7 I was hoping to use your suggestion(unless I misunderstood): Boot with eeexubuntu from a USB and use its tools to install gentoo on the SSHD. I'd like to install a stripped down version of gentoo: no gimp, office, kde...nothing I can't run on my home PC that can get by on a slow dialup.
8
9 It all depends on the wifi capabilities of eeexubuntu which I plan to take for a test drive after Easter. Xandros, for all its faults, has wifi that works out-of-the-box.
10
11 mw
15 Instant Messaging, free SMS, sharing photos and more... Try the new Yahoo! Canada Messenger at http://ca.beta.messenger.yahoo.com/