From: Philip Webb <purslow@×××××××××.ca>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] how to disable an automatic feature in vim?
Date: Sat, 24 Feb 2007 00:20:33
1 070223 John Blinka wrote:
2 > when I edit configuration files in /etc,
3 > vim likes to insert a leading "# " in new lines
4 > following existing comment lines.
5 > That's almost never what I want to do
6 > and I have to delete the # and space before doing what I intended.
7 > I've got the latest stable versions of vim, vim-core
8 > and gentoo-syntax installed on my systems.
9 > Anybody know how to turn this behavior off?
10
11 I tested with a file in /etc & it doesn't happen for me.
12
13 > I don't even know where to look in the vim documentation.
14
15 Google 'vim automatic comment' finds sect 30.6 of the Vim User Manual,
16 which covers something similar; also
17
18 http://ianua.initd.org/vimit/vim63/html/change.html#fo-table
19
20 which seems to cover what you describe under options 'r' & 'o'.
21
22 Perhaps this will get you started, if no-one else has more precise info.
26 SUPPORT ___________//___, Philip Webb : purslow@××××××××××××××.ca
27 ELECTRIC /] [] [] [] [] []| Centre for Urban & Community Studies
28 TRANSIT `-O----------O---' University of Toronto
29 --
30 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list