From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] New System setup: (Not) using KDE -- do I miss something?
Date: Sun, 30 May 2010 13:34:43
1 On Sunday 30 May 2010 08:48:45 meino.cramer@×××.de wrote:
2 > Hi,
3 >
4 > Currently I am setting up a new system on a new harddisc.
5 >
6 > I dont want the full blown KDE/GNOME as session manager -- I prefer
7 > a smaller solution: Openbox as windowmanager and using
8 > a handfull kde/gnome application where it is handy.
9 >
10 > Up to now I emerged this apllications -- namely k3b and kaffeine --
11 > and thought everything needed would be pulled in also.
12 >
13 > But something seems to be wrong: kaffeine does not find my dvb-t
14 > device (which vlc finds and plays TV without problems) and k3b
15 > does not find any burner/reader-device, but they do exist
16 > (/dev/sr[01]).
17 >
18 > My userid are assigned the groups audio,video,cdrom,cdrw beside others.
19 >
20 > hald and dbus-daemon are running and X is using hald which success.
21 >
22 > Is there any other things I need to emerge additionally?
23 > Any kde-daemon or such?
24 >
25 > Thank you very much for any help in advance!
26 > Have a nice weekend ! :)
27
28 Try this:
29