From: Michael Crute <mcrute@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Integrating Linux with windowsActive directory
Date: Wed, 21 Sep 2005 13:11:57
1 On 9/21/05, Patrick Marquetecken <patrick.marquetecken@×××××××.be> wrote:
2 >
3 > Hi,
4 >
5 > Whats the best to integrate linux users passwords with our existing
6 > Windows active domain, so that we can login with windows users and
7 > passwords into our Llinux machines.
8 > Winbind or Ldap ?
9 >
10 > To integrate with an ActiveDirectory you need winbind. I helped a company
11 do this about a year back. They where running .NET Server Enterprise with
12 whatever the latest version of AD was at the time. The one thing that I
13 remember was that it was a particularly painful process. Check the docs at
14 samba.org <http://samba.org> though, they do a decent job of walking you
15 through it.
16 -Mike
21 Michael E. Crute
22 Software Developer
23 SoftGroup Development Corporation
24
25 Linux, because reboots are for installing hardware.
26 "In a world without walls and fences, who needs windows and gates?"