From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] kioslaves - an end of an era?
Date: Mon, 17 Apr 2017 22:33:30
1 On Monday 17 Apr 2017 22:20:34 Alan McKinnon wrote:
2 > On 17/04/2017 22:15, Mick wrote:
3 > > I updated a number of KDE packages today. Konqueror was updated to
4 > > 16.12.3:5 and --depclean revealed this:
5 > >
6 > > kde-apps/kdebase-kioslaves
7 > >
8 > > selected: 16.04.3-r2
9 > >
10 > > protected: none
11 > >
12 > > omitted: none
13 > >
14 > > Before the update I had to remove manually kde-misc/kio-ftps because it
15 > > was
16 > > holding on to the old konqueror:4. Does this mean KDE kioslaves are of no
17 > > use anymore?
18 >
19 > I believe the new kioslave-like functionality has been replaced with
20 > kde-frameworks/kio
21 > kde-apps/kio-extras
22
23 Thanks Alan, I can see these have already been installed, so I should OK.
24 --
25 Regards,
26 Mick