From: Philip Webb <purslow@××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] PDF puzzle : files available
Date: Sat, 14 Jan 2012 08:06:53
1 120113 Florian Philipp wrote:
2 > I couldn't reproduce this with app-office/libreoffice-3.4.3.2-r1
3 > & cups-pdf , which should use the same backend as ps2pdf .
4 > the files were nearly equal in size, c 60 kB for about 1 page of text.
5
6 Cups-pdf seems designed for a physical printer attached to a network
7 & it also has to run as root, so it looks like too much effort
8 to set it up to test what it might do.
9
10 However, as I said in another msg, I've now uploaded the files
11 & everyone can inspect them & their structure at
12 http://www.chass.utoronto.ca/~purslow/test/
13 so you can see what happens on your system with my original .odt version
14 & hopefully let us know the result.
18 SUPPORT ___________//___, Philip Webb
19 ELECTRIC /] [] [] [] [] []| Cities Centre, University of Toronto
20 TRANSIT `-O----------O---' purslowatchassdotutorontodotca