From: "Bo Ørsted Andresen" <bo.andresen@××××.dk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] FW: mail-mta/exim (is blocking mail-mta/ssmtp-2.61-r2) (more info added)
Date: Thu, 31 May 2007 03:16:52
1 On Thursday 31 May 2007 04:57:53 Paul Varner wrote:
2 > > But at least it will never use the horrible hack that revdep-rebuild uses
3 > > with --package-names because of the lack of support for the
4 > > =category/package-version:slot syntax in portage-2.0* which it still
5 > > supports.. :)
6 >
7 > Hey, I'm proud of that horrible hack!
8
9 Didn't say you shouldn't be. It was necessary when you made it.
10
11 > However, on that note, I can't wait to get rid of it and use the
12 > =category/package-version:slot syntax. I've been strongly thinking of
13 > doing it in 0.2.4 which is in the pre-release cycle right now.
14
15 The equal sign was a mistake. I've actually been meaning to poke you about
16 that. At the same time you should drop the --emptytree parsing and just
17 use --deep directly. With the circular deps in the tree now that gets much
18 better results.
19
20 :)
23 Bo Andresen