From: Facundo Curti <facu.curti@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Installing gentoo - First emerge
Date: Fri, 07 Mar 2014 18:11:34
1 2014-03-07 14:49 GMT-03:00 Canek Peláez Valdés <caneko@×××××.com>:
2
3 > On Fri, Mar 7, 2014 at 11:21 AM, Facundo Curti <facu.curti@×××××.com>
4 > wrote:
5 > > Hi list! It is the second time i'm going to install gentoo, im not an
6 > expert
7 > > but I know basics :P
8 >
9 > Hi Facundo.
10 >
11 > [snip]
12 >
13 > > But the real problem is that, when I want to install systemd or vim (any
14 > of
15 > > these), "emerge" want to install 119 dependencies, and this give me
16 > > dependencies errors.
17 >
18 > The first time you install Gentoo, it's relatively easy to get cyclic
19 > dependencies since you have only the minimal set of packages installed
20 > (this set is called @system, BTW). Try this:
21 >
22 > USE="-doc -X" emerge -pv systemd vi
23 >
24 > I'm sure most of the cyclic dependencies will break, and for the first
25 > leg of the installation you don't need X nor documentation.
26 >
27 > Did you selected a profile different from the default one?
28 >
29 First I was using desktop profile, after problems, I returned to default
30 one.
33 > Regards.
34 > --
35 > Canek Peláez Valdés
36 > Posgrado en Ciencia e Ingeniería de la Computación
37 > Universidad Nacional Autónoma de México
40 Thank you sp much!! :) This solves everything!