From: Daniel Pielmeier <daniel.pielmeier@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] compiz-fusion, emerald and xfce
Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2007 20:05:58
1 Marc Blumentritt schrieb:
2 > Hi,
3 >
4 > for some reason I do not get compiz-fusion running with xfce. I
5 > installed from portage tree and not from xeffects overlay. I want to use
6 > emerald as window decorator. Therefore I added in ccsm under "window
7 > decorations -> command" emerald --replace. Using "compiz-start" seems to
8 > start compiz, but not emerald, since I do not get window frames. I also
9 > tried a small start script:
10 >
11 > #!/bin/bash
12 > compiz --replace &
13 > sleep 5
14 > emerald --replace
17 > This does not work, too!
18 >
19 > Any ideas how to get xfce and compiz running together?
20 >
21 > By the way, I was using compiz from the xeffects overlay, starting it
22 > fusion-icon, which worked fine. But after upgrading to portage tree
23 > compiz, there is no fusion-icon anymore.
24 >
25 > Regards,
26 > Marc
29 I had the same problem with getting compiz-fusion to work under xfce and
30 the portage ebuilds. I never used the xeffects overlay for compiz-fusion
31 only for the old beryl.
32
33 I used this command:
34 compiz --loose-binding --replace ccp && emerald --replace &
35
36 A strange thing is that it only works when I execute it a few times. The
37 first time I had no window decorations!
38
39 Another thing is when I want to go back to the xfce window manager the
40 decorations vanished again, the mouse pointer too. I could only bring
41 them back by deleting a few config files in my home-directory.
42
43 Furthermore the dependency for libwnck was raised a few days ago which
44 resulted in pulling the unstable gtk+ glib and pango packages in.
45
46 This hosed all my apps requiring gtk which means nearly everything. I
47 downgraded but this did not help. I had to unmerge and then reemerge
48 glib to get things working again.
49
50 So I think I will leave my fingers from compiz-fusion until it is more
51 stable or anybody knows a solution to this problems!
52
53 Regards,
54
55 Daniel