From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] E17 installation
Date: Sun, 28 Nov 2010 23:17:14
1 On Sunday 28 November 2010 21:16:57 Alan McKinnon wrote:
2 > Apparently, though unproven, at 19:54 on Sunday 28 November 2010, Mick did
3 > opine thusly:
4
5 > > This weekend I removed efl and added the enlightenment overlay. Then
6 > > checked that the following packages were keyworded as -9999, which were
7 > > (re)installed without any problems:[1]
8 > >
9 > > dev-libs/ecore
10 > > dev-libs/e_dbus
11 > > dev-libs/eet
12 > > dev-libs/eina
13 > > dev-libs/embryo
14 > > dev-libs/efreet
15 > > media-libs/edje
16 > > media-libs/ethumb
17 > > media-libs/evas
18 > > x11-wm/enlightenment
19 > > media-libs/emotion
20 > > dev-libs/eeze
21 >
22 > I did the same, it seems to work well, including the nice surprise of being
23 > able to use composite with an OpenGL backend, *and* to be able to configure
24 > windows so they don;t bounce all over the place when getting focus
25
26 This is interesting, because I came across two problems with composite:
27
28 OpenGL caused a complete crash of e17. I had to remove ~/.e from a console to
29 be able to launch it again.
30
31 Enabling composite with software worked nicely, *but*:
32
33 a) I couldn't switch it off ever again.
34
35 and
36
37 b) Refreshing the desktop became sluggish (as in gkrellms would regularly
38 'freeze' and not update).
39
40 So I decided to switch it off until I try KMS with my ATI video card in case
41 it copes better with it.
42
43 Glad you got it working - please let us know of any gotchas in the future -
44 you're bound to come across these before some of us do. :-)
45 --
46 Regards,
47 Mick