From: Stroller <stroller@××××××××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Listing applications with eix...
Date: Sat, 03 Dec 2011 10:44:41
1 On 3 December 2011, at 10:14, meino.cramer@×××.de wrote:
2 > ...
3 > is there a way to list all -- for exmaple -- audio related
4 > applications without without being burried under audio related
5 > system libs for example or entries with (also as an exmaple)
6 > "this application does not supprt audio but only imageing"
7 >
8 > I want the full dexcription, not only the heade line…
9
10 I think your best bet will be something like:
11
12 eix -c -C '*sound*'
13
14 Unfortunately there are c 385 items in the media-sound category, and I would guess libraries will be mixed in with apps amongst those. You could `grep -v library`, but then you'd miss out on the midi player that's packaged with its library (wildmidi).
15
16 Stroller.