From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] A tale of computing thud and blunder
Date: Mon, 19 Dec 2011 06:17:02
1 Pandu Poluan wrote:
2 >
3 > Kind of like what I always do when I switch from -march=nocona to
4 > -march=native. (Usually I use -march=nocona to ensure seamless VM
5 > migration on my XenServer-equipped boxen, but for some VMs, i.e.,
6 > those requiring me to wring out every last drop of performance, I go
7 > native.)
8 >
9 > That said, if you want to experience fully the "GCC Graphite"
10 > optimizations, you'll also want to do emerge -ev ;-)
11 >
12 > Rgds,
16 Is Graphite worthwhile on a desktop system or is it better suited for
17 servers or both? I found this but still not sure what it is intended for:
18
19 http://gcc.gnu.org/wiki/Graphite/4.5
20
21 Are there any reasons to leave this be for a while? You know, bugs or
22 packages that don't work with it?
23
24 Dale
25
29 I am only responsible for what I said ... Not for what you understood or how you interpreted my words!
30
31 Miss the compile output? Hint:
32 EMERGE_DEFAULT_OPTS="--quiet-build=n"