From: James <wireless@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: OT triple display
Date: Mon, 05 Nov 2012 18:22:34
1 pk <peterk2 <at> coolmail.se> writes:
4 > > Any feedback on the triple head AMD FX8350 system would be appreciated.
5
6 > The FX8350 is a AM3+ platform cpu, it will not fit a FM2 motherboard.
7 > You need an FM2 cpu for an FM2 motherboard or you get an AM3+
8 > motherboard with the FX8350. The FX8350 does not contain a GPU like the
9 > FM2 cpu (or APU as AMD like to call them).
10
11 Yep, now I see about the FM2....
12
13 Any other suggestions on building a triple headed system?
14
15 I was going to use a passively cool (fanless) ATI video card
16 and drive monitor #1 and #2 off of that (one HDMI the other
17 off the secondary port on the ATI video card. And then
18 use the video port on the workstation mobo (ati-gigabyte)
19 for the #3 monitor. Anyone built a gentoo system like that?
20
21 I do not need blazing graphics on #monitor2 or #monitor 3,
22 just a normal 1080p video screen, all off of one system.
23
24 Any other ideas (suggestions) how to best build a triple head Gentoo
25 workstation are of keen interest...
28 James