From: Mike Edenfield <kutulu@××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Cc: Enrico Weigelt <weigelt@×××××.de>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] how to remove HAL
Date: Wed, 18 Aug 2010 13:23:58
1 On 8/17/2010 3:49 PM, Enrico Weigelt wrote:
2 > * Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk> wrote:
3 >
4 >> USE only affects optional dependencies. euse -I hal will list packages
5 >> that have a hal USE flag while emerge --depclean -pv sys-apps/hal will
6 >> show those that depend o it.
7 >
8 > I've just experimented a bit with that and it turned out that
9 > --depclean doesn't clean up the buildtime-only deps. But if I
10 > remove one of them (eg. cabextract), they don't get pulled in again
11 > (that's indicating the depending ebuilds are written properly).
12 >
13 > Is this a bug ?
14
15 --depclean is supposed to pull in build-time dependencies, unless you
16 specify "--with-bdeps n". So if that's not happening, then I'd say it
17 is a bug.