From: Rob <europa100@×××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Windowmaker can't find any fonts and aborts
Date: Sun, 16 Oct 2005 21:26:27
1 Rob wrote:
2 > As superuser Windowmaker runs, as a user, it aborts saying "no fonts
3 > found" or similar.
4 >
5 > I checked the www.fontconfig.org site and there is hardly any
6 > documentation there. It was no help.
7 >
8 > The www.windowmaker.org site had one tip for possibly solving this
9 > error- make sure locale is set right, or in worst case, unset the LANG
10 > variable. None of these ideas worked. Maybe they need to be set before
11 > compiling Windowmaker??? I don't know.
12 >
13 > Looking at the Windowmaker config files: /etc/X11/WindowMaker/WMGlobal
14 > and /etc/X11/WindowMaker/Windowmaker and the corresponding ~/GNUStep
15 > config files, Windowmaker is looking for the Trebuchet MS, Luxi Sans
16 > font, which does reside in my system in the /usr/share/fonts/TTF
17 > directory. The TTF directory is included in my xorg.conf file.
18 >
19 > So I tried to hack the ~/GNUStep config files to use different fonts,
20 > and that did not help either.
21 >
22 > A search of the gentoo-user archives didn't find anything.
23 >
24 > So I am at a loss as to why I can't run Windowmaker as a user.
25 >
26 > Sincerely, Rob.
29 I forgot to add- I ran Xorg without Windowmaker and ran xfontsel, and
30 all of the fonts were there. Moreover, then running Mozilla, I saw
31 that it could find all of the fonts as well, so perhaps this is a
32 Windowmaker specific problem, and not system-wide when running as user.
33
34 Rob.
35 --
36 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list