From: Steve <gentoo_sjh@×××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Gentoo falling apart for me after either abandoning trying to install "Kolab" as overlay - or after upgrading to default/linux/x86/10.0
Date: Thu, 05 Nov 2009 19:45:24
In Reply to: Re: [gentoo-user] Gentoo falling apart for me after either abandoning trying to install "Kolab" as overlay - or after upgrading to default/linux/x86/10.0 by Volker Armin Hemmann
1 Volker Armin Hemmann wrote:
2 > yes, don't use locate. Also check the symlinks. Reset them with eselect gcc if
3 > you have to.
4 >
5 > Then try all your emerges with --tree you get a lot more helpfull output.
6 > Also, when a dependency is missing revdep-rebuilt loves to fail. You can hunt
7 > that down with --tree or just re--emerging the stuff.
8 >
9 Thanks very much, it looks as if "eselect gcc" was where I needed to
10 start. I've had to re-build gcc and then revdep-rebuild worked, and I'm
11 working through "emerge -uDNav world" - which seems to be running more
12 smoothly.
13
14 I was surprised that I managed to get into such a mess so easily... but
15 I seem to be back on track now.
16
17 Thanks.