From: Dale <dalek1967@×××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Question about eix-test-obsolete output
Date: Sun, 13 Apr 2008 10:30:57
1 Vaeth wrote:
2 >> Is this not in portage, not in the world file or what?
3 >>
4 >> Installed packages with a version not in the database (or masked):
7 > The "database" is what is produced by update-eix, i.e. usually
8 > the portage tree and your overlays (and perhaps "virtual" overlays).
9 > So, as a rule, it means that you have at least one version of these
10 > packages installed which was erased from the portage tree (and isn't
11 > in your overlays either).
14 Just to give a little more info here. I sync'ed a couple days ago. I
15 use eix-sync to do that so that everything is updated, portage and eix.
16 I don't have anything in layman, heard of it but never used it.
17
18 Also, emerge -uvDNp comes out clean. Nothing to upgrade or downgrade.
19 Revdep-rebuild comes out clean as well.
20
21 Still not having that light bulb moment here. :/ Are these packages
22 that I can unmerge?
23
24 Dale
25