From: Harry Putnam <reader@×××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Kernel build no update grub
Date: Thu, 17 Nov 2005 03:33:28
1 Harry Putnam <reader@×××××××.com> writes:
2
3 > Updating the kernel today, I referenced that piece of the
4 > documentation and borrowed this command from it:
5 >
6 > genkernel --bootloader=grub all
7 >
8 > However, not only did it not update grub.conf but grub.conf
9 > disappeared entirely following the successful build.
10
11 Let me tell this story again briefly... This was quite a knuckleheaded
12 move on my part. Its been so long since I updated my kernel, I forgot
13 that I switched to lilo some mnths ago.... So, er I misinfomed the
14 genkernel tool.
15
16 I'm not sure that should have made any difference in what it did to
17 grub.conf or not..
20 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list