From: Hilco Wijbenga <hilco.wijbenga@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [OT] Network Trouble
Date: Sat, 15 Dec 2007 01:42:07
1 On Dec 14, 2007 3:37 PM, Roy Wright <roy@××××××.org> wrote:
2 > Hilco Wijbenga wrote:
3 > > Hi all,
4 > >
5 > > My Gentoo box can no longer connect to the Internet. I was downloading
6 > > something and the connection just died on me.
7 > I've been experiencing something similar the past few weeks. I found
8 > that if I
9 > kill dhcpcd then restart it then my connection resumes.
10
11 I don't use dhcpcd as I connect directly to my firewall (with a
12 192.168.*.* IP). I do use the livecd for testing but its dhcpcd works
13 (I've used it several times before).
14
15 I've had dhcpcd problems as well but those were easily fixed by
16 downgrading to a previous version.
17 --
18 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list