From: "Stefan G. Weichinger" <lists@×××××.at>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] BTRFS problem? [WAS Quick check on net-print/hplip-3.14.10]
Date: Sat, 19 Sep 2015 20:14:20
1 Am 2015-09-18 um 23:58 schrieb Mick:
2
3 >> The main reason for doing a scrub is to detect latent issues, and
4 >> if you have redundancy that means you can auto-correct them
5 >> today, rather than discovering them a month from now when the
6 >> drive containing the only good copy fails. Even if you don't
7 >> have redundancy maybe you rotate your backups every 30 days and
8 >> detecting the error might mean having the ability to go back and
9 >> restore a good copy of the file before it is completely replaced
10 >> with bad copies.
11 >
12 > Thank you Rich, I ran 'btrfs scrub start /" and it found zero
13 > problems. dmesg and syslog clean too.
14
15 I wrote (= googled something and adapted it a bit) some
16 btrfs-scrub.service and .timer for doing that once a week (systemd
17 environment):
18
19 $ cat btrfs-scrub.service
20 [Unit]
21 Description=Check volume for errors
22 Documentation=man:btrfs-scrub
23 After=fstrim.service
24
25 [Service]
26 Type=oneshot
27 ExecStart=/bin/sh -c 'for i in $(grep btrfs /proc/mounts | cut -d" "
28 -f1 | sort -u | grep dev); do echo scrubbing $i; btrfs scrub start -Bd
29 $i; done'
30 IOSchedulingClass=idle
31 CPUSchedulingPolicy=idle
32
33 $ cat btrfs-scrub.timer
34 [Unit]
35 Description=Check volume for errors once a week
36 Documentation=man:btrfs-scrub
37
38 [Timer]
39 OnCalendar=weekly