From: Tanstaafl <tanstaafl@×××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] gentoo-systemd-only deprecation
Date: Wed, 31 Jul 2013 11:34:51
1 Top-posting because my question is about something in the linked threads...
2
3 In one comment was said the following:
4
5 >> Can I ask the systemd people to design a working solution for opting out? I
6 >> can't support this initiative without such a solution and I would be happy
7 >> to work with the systemd people to reach it, ie I'll test.
8 >
9 > This already went before the Council, and the decision was that
10 > INSTALL_MASK IS the working solution for opting out. If somebody
11 > wants to come up with a better one and propose it they're of course
12 > welcome to, but in the meantime, INSTALL_MASK is the official
13 > solution.
14
15 Where is this 'INSTALL_MASK' option for opting out of systemd completely
16 documented? Googling only finds references to this discussion?
17
18 Thanks,
19
20 Charles