From: Raffaele Belardi <raffaele.belardi@××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] how to support a package going out of tree
Date: Fri, 26 Jan 2018 14:11:26
1 Neil Bothwick wrote:
2 > On Fri, 26 Jan 2018 12:13:32 +0100, Raffaele Belardi wrote:
3 >
4 >> One of my son's favourite games (hedgewars) is going out of tree due to
5 >> dependency on deprecated QT4.
6 >>
7 >> I already have a local overlay with a modified hedgewars ebuild which
8 >> adds support for a non-standard USE flag but I suppose this will not be
9 >> sufficient to continue using/building the game. Once the dependencies
10 >> will go out of tree also there will be little chance to rebuild the
11 >> game if necessary, right?.
12 >
13 > Right, so copy the dependencies to your overlay too. Portage will warn
14 > you when they are slated for removal.
15
16 Which I suppose means the packages listed under RDEPEND and DEPEND in the ebuild. Ok,
17 should be manageable.
18
19 thanks,
20