From: Daniel Frey <djqfrey@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] CD ripper that generates song titles?
Date: Wed, 26 Aug 2015 20:16:20
1 On 08/26/2015 01:06 PM, Walter Dnes wrote:
2 > I went to the CNE (Canadian National Exhibition) yesterday and
3 > indulged in a buying spree of 18 CD sets of my fave music (basically
4 > anything pop/rock/country pre-Beatles). I now have over 20 CDs that I
5 > want to rip to flac eventually. I dread the gruntwork in renaming
6 > tracks like track01.cdda.wav, etc. What Gentoo ebuilds are there for
7 > stuff that'll get ahold of track titles? Is it in the form of metadata
8 > on the CD?
11 I don't believe there's metadata on the CD outside of cd-text, which is
12 very limited.
13
14 I've messed around quite a bit with ripping on linux (although not in
15 the last 1-2 years) and eventually just gave up and ran EAC under wine.
16 EAC uses the album information on the CD to look up track lists on the
17 internet. Ripping and tagging are done in one step this way.
18
19 Outside of that, you can use something like EasyTAG to tag the tracks
20 after they are ripped. You can also use it to search databases on the
21 internet to get tags. However, with really new or obscure albums they
22 may not exist - you might have to tag them manually anyway.
23
24 Dan