From: "Canek Peláez Valdés" <caneko@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] problem trying to play sound when pulse audio is enabled
Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2013 15:16:42
1 On Mon, Apr 29, 2013 at 9:35 AM, <covici@××××××××××.com> wrote:
2 > Michael Hampicke <mh@××××.biz> wrote:
3 >
4 >> Am 29.04.2013 14:25, schrieb covici@××××××××××.com:
5 >> > Michael Hampicke <mh@××××.biz> wrote:
6 >> <snip>
7 >> >> Those devices in there should be owned by root:audio
8 >> >>
9 >> >> $ ls -al /dev/snd/
10 >> >> total 0
11 >> >> drwxr-xr-x 3 root root 260 Apr 28 20:07 .
12 >> >> drwxr-xr-x 17 root root 4100 Apr 29 12:50 ..
13 >> >> drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 60 Apr 28 20:07 by-path
14 >> >> crw-rw----+ 1 root audio 116, 10 Apr 28 20:07 controlC0
15 >> >> crw-rw----+ 1 root audio 116, 2 Apr 28 20:07 hwC0D0
16 >> >> crw-rw----+ 1 root audio 116, 3 Apr 28 20:07 midiC0D0
17 >> >> crw-rw----+ 1 root audio 116, 9 Apr 28 20:24 pcmC0D0c
18 >> >> crw-rw----+ 1 root audio 116, 8 Apr 29 12:51 pcmC0D0p
19 >> >> crw-rw----+ 1 root audio 116, 7 Apr 28 20:07 pcmC0D1c
20 >> >> crw-rw----+ 1 root audio 116, 6 Apr 28 20:07 pcmC0D2c
21 >> >> crw-rw----+ 1 root audio 116, 5 Apr 28 20:11 pcmC0D2p
22 >> >> crw-rw----+ 1 root audio 116, 4 Apr 28 20:07 pcmC0D3p
23 >> >> crw-rw----+ 1 root audio 116, 33 Apr 28 20:07 timer
24 >> >
25 >> > If I do that than freeswitch does not work properly. I had a lot of
26 >> > difficulty setting things up and even making them 777 did not work for
27 >> > some reason, so I made the devices owned the same way as the freeswitch
28 >> > process.
29 >> >
30 >> Have you tried adding freeswitch the to audio group?
31 >>
32 > Yep, its a member to this day, but parts of it did not work that way for
33 > some reason.
34
35 If you change the permissions in /dev/snd, I don't think PA can work
36 properly. Could you please set your system to the default setup (doing
37 a backup of the relevant files)? Leave the permissions of /dev/snd/*
38 as the kernel sets them, use the original configuration files under
39 /etc/pulse, and don't use the system-wide PA daemon.
40
41 Then log in into the console, try to use an application that uses the
42 soundcard (preferably something simple, like mplayer), and see if PA
43 is running. If it is, please paste the output of "pactl list".
44
45 If PA it's not running and you get no sound, then the problem is elsewhere.
46
47 Regards.
48 --
49 Canek Peláez Valdés