From: Ryan Viljoen <ravilj@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] touch Error: Function not implemented
Date: Wed, 05 Apr 2006 23:41:13
1 Hey all,
2
3 I recently (yesterday) completed an emerge sync and then emerge world.
4 I rebooted my PC today and my system failed to come up. It moaned
5 about udev or such...
6
7 After some inspection, it seems I have an error with touch. I cant
8 emerge anything, it does not get past unpacking the source. The
9 following error is the same for all packages:
10
11 Quote:
12 >>> Unpacking source...
13 >>> Unpacking udev-089.tar.bz2 to /var/tmp/portage/udev-089/work
14 touch: setting times of `/var/tmp/portage/udev-089/.unpacked':
15 Function not implemented
16
17 !!! ERROR: sys-fs/udev-089 failed.
18 Call stack:
19 ebuild.sh, line 1526: Called dyn_unpack
20 ebuild.sh, line 698: Called die
21
22 !!! IO Failure -- Failed 'touch .unpacked' in /var/tmp/portage/udev-089
23 !!! If you need support, post the topmost build error, and the call
24 stack if relevant.
25
26 wiig / #
29 Any idea as to the cause? Solution?
33 Ryan Viljoen Bsc(Eng) (Electrical)
34
35 There are sadistic scientists who hurry to hunt down errors instead of
36 establishing the truth.
37 - Marie Curie
40 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list