From: Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] is grub in my mbr?
Date: Wed, 21 May 2008 14:12:35
1 On Wed, May 21, 2008 at 7:08 AM, Allan Gottlieb <gottlieb@×××.edu> wrote:
2 > At Wed, 21 May 2008 15:31:23 +0200 Dirk Heinrichs <dirk.heinrichs.ext@×××.com> wrote:
3 >
4 >> Am Mittwoch, 21. Mai 2008 schrieb ext Allan Gottlieb:
5 >>
6 >>> This discussion is interesting and may well prove helpful. But,
7 >>> unless I missed it, I didn't see an answer to my question, namely
8 >>
9 >> Although it was a little bit ironic, I gave it in my first reply.
10 >
11 > Thanks. I thought so, but feared that my question might have been
12 > poorly written and suggested that I wanted to know which loader I had
13 > rather that where it was installed.
14 >
15 > Thanks again.
16 > allan
17
18 I think this answer would be good to have on a Gentoo grub Wiki
19 somewhere. (If it isn't already.) There have been times I've wondered
20 the same thing and didn't know how to extract the data out fo the MBR
21 the way you did. It would also be good to add a second example of how
22 to get it out of a partition instead of the MBR in case grub is
23 installed there.
24
25 Anyway, great info. Thanks!
26