From: Richard Fish <bigfish@××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] erratic touchpad
Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2006 22:34:19
1 On 6/17/06, marco restelli <mrestelli@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > Everything works fine, but the touchpad.
3 > Indeed I have all the advanced features working: double click,
4 > scroll ... but using the touchpad when the CPU load is hight
5 > the mouse starts jumping around and clicking everywhere.
6
7 I see two problems in your dmesg output:
8
9 > warning: many lost ticks.
10 > Your time source seems to be instable or some driver is hogging interupts
11 > rip __do_softirq+0x45/0xc9
12
13 Take a look at /usr/src/linux/Documentation/kernel-parameters.txt,
14 particularly the clock= option. clock=pmtmr might be the best option
15 here...although I'm not sure it applies to amd64.
16
17 > input: SynPS/2 Synaptics TouchPad as /class/input/input1
18 > APIC error on CPU0: 00(40)
19
20 Booting with noapic (again, see kernel-parameters.txt) should help.
21 It might also clear up the time issue above.
22
23 HTH,
24 -Richard
25 --