From: Jorge Almeida <jjalmeida@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] HD 630?
Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2017 22:03:29
1 This may be a stupid question, for one of two possible reasons, but
2 here it goes:
3
4 I'm thinking of buying a recent Intel CPU (7th generation, in
5 saleslang), say an i5-7400, and it came to mind, not too late yet,
6 that the integrated GPU may not be supported in linux. I'm talking
7 about the latest kernels, not necessarily the gentoo-packaged one.
8 Anyone knows something about it? And if not supported, is it likely
9 that it will be sometime soon? I can use a spare Radeon card
10 meanwhile...
11
12 (And, for someone who is not a gamer, is a 7th generation CPU worth it
13 at all, as opposed to a 6th generation one?)
14
15 Any input is appreciated
16
17 Jorge Almeida