From: Uwe Thiem <uwix@××××.na>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] mplayer compilation
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2006 18:44:53
1 On 20 November 2006 18:18, Hans-Werner Hilse wrote:
2 > Hi,
3 >
4 > On Mon, 20 Nov 2006 15:52:13 +0100
5 >
6 > Bo Ørsted Andresen <bo.andresen@××××.dk> wrote:
7 > > Well, actually the mplayer ebuild don't care about your CFLAGS unless you
8 > > enable the custom-cflags USE flag. Otherwise march is entirely unset.
9 >
10 > No, the mplayer configure script would autodetect optimization and set
11 > the result as -march and -mcpu (and will also enable -O4).
12 >
13 > All such checking would of course be runtime only and your statement
14 > about march would be true if the cpudetection USE flag is set.
15 >
16 > Don't ask me about what happens when both custom-cflags and
17 > cpudetection are enabled... :-)
18
19 Well, it matches. ;-)
20
21 Uwe
24 Mark Twain: I rather decline two drinks than a German adjective.
25 http://www.SysEx.com.na
26 --
27 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list