From: antlists <antlists@××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] dev-python/isodate breaks my emerge because it's at EAPI?
Date: Fri, 06 Aug 2021 21:07:56
1 On 06/08/2021 19:41, n952162 wrote:
2 >> It might not hurt if that error message included the suggestion to run
3 >> "emerge -u portage" to update it. It does say that the solution is to
4 >> update portage - it just doesn't explicitly tell you how to do so.
7 > The way out of my dilema would be first to emerge portage and then
8 > emerge @world?
9
10 Probably. If you've left it that long you might find you still have a
11 few problems.
12
13 If you find you have trouble once portage is updated, I've found that
14 the following often works ...
15
16 First do a --update @system (NO deep, no changed use, no nothing like
17 that). If that succeeds, the remaining steps will be hassle but nothing
18 serious.
19
20 Then try the same with @world.
21
22 Finally update @world with deep, newuse etc.
23
24 If emerge keeps giving up with too many blocks, just do a oneshot emerge
25 of a bunch of stuff it says it *can* emerge, and you'll likely find
26 after a couple of shots of that that it suddenly works. The other trick
27 I try is, IFF @system was successful, just do a oneshot delete of any
28 blocking packages and again it should suddenly start working.
29
30 Cheers,
31 Wol