From: David Grant <davidgrant@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Possible new gentoo user
Date: Sun, 01 Oct 2006 18:59:22
1 On 10/1/06, Hemmann, Volker Armin <volker.armin.hemmann@××××××××××××.de>
2 wrote:
3 >
4 > On Sunday 01 October 2006 20:08, Terry Eck wrote:
5 > > I've been a SuSE user for several years now currently running 10.0.
6 > > I'm interested in giving gentoo a try with the object of converting
7 > > from SuSE to gentoo. I've been looking at this list for a couple of
8 > > weeks and have determined that there may be a steep learning curve
9 > > on my part converting. Any words of advice on getting up to speed
10 > > using gentoo before I install it.
11 > >
12 > > Thanks for any advice you might be able to give me.
15 > well, read the documentation on gentoo.org. Handbook, installation
16 > instructions.
17 >
18 > If it seems to complicated to you, don't do the switch. But if you
19 > think 'well, I might be able to do it', try it. Backup your suse forst, of
20 > course.
23 I agree, just read the handbook over the course of a few days or however
24 long it takes you. If you understand most of it (or if you didn't understand
25 it before reading the handbook but you do afterwards) and you think it
26 sounds easy to you, then everything else should be easy.
29 David Grant
30 http://www.davidgrant.ca