From: John Jolet <john@×××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Postfix receives OK, but won't send to internet
Date: Thu, 22 Sep 2005 20:19:12
1 On Sep 22, 2005, at 3:06 PM, Sean Lester wrote:
2
3 > Greetings,
4 > I have a partially working Postfix installation. It delivers
5 > messages on the localhost. It'll receive messages from the
6 > internet. But, it will not send messages to any hosts on the
7 > internet. I've checked my iptables and port 25 is open both ways.
8 > Also, each error I've gotten has been that the target smtp server
9 > has "Timed Out." Can anyone point me in the right direction?
10 > Postfix? Firewall? Host or Domain Name resolution? Other?
11 >
12 > Thank you for your time.
13 >
14 > Sean
17 at the command line, get the name of one of the servers that's timed
18 out. type "telnet servername 25" and see what happens. maybe post a
19 snippet from the maillog before and after the timeout message.