From: laurent <laurent@××××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] cleaning disfiles
Date: Wed, 25 Mar 2009 12:03:45
1 Alan McKinnon a écrit :
2 > On Tuesday 24 March 2009 23:37:50 laurent wrote:
3 >
4 >> Hi,
5 >>
6 >> I need to clean disfiles or move it to /home/var/ftp/disfiles.
7 >>
8 >> For first is there a tool to emerge that will manage the distfiles.
11 > eclean - part of app-portage/gentoolkit
14 >> If not I was thinking copy to my home folder and symlink
15 >> /var/ftp/distfiles to it.
16 >>
17 >> Is the second safe with just a symlink or should I change a PATH somewhere?
20 > Change DISTDIR in /etc/make.conf to point to the new location
21 >
22 > But this is not a good idea, as distfiles will be owned by root or portage and
23 > it's in your home directory owned by you.
26 drwxr-xr-x 14 root root 4096 mar 24 20:19 home
27
28 looks owned by root.
29 > Rather leave distfiles where it is, and create a symlink in ~ that points to
30 > distfiles. I can't imagine how your scheme would benefit you in any way.
33 >> I should do both solution.
34 >>
35 >> thank you
36 >> Laurent