From: James <wireless@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: unwanted msgs from cron after upgrade
Date: Mon, 30 Dec 2013 00:22:44
1 Philip Webb <purslow <at> ca.inter.net> writes:
4 > Yesterday I did my usual Sat system update, emerging new versions of
5 > libassuan HTTP-Cookies dialog curl coreutils binutils procps virtual/man .
6 > Today after restarting the system, mail continues to be downloaded normally,
7 > my mailbox is receiving notices every 5 min from my cron mail job :
8
9 > Can anyone suggest what might have changed to cause this nuisance ?
12 Not sure about your posting. But, I've been reading about many folks upgrading
13 the deprecated "cron" to the maintained "cronie". You might want to read up
14 on /sys-process/cronie.
17 hth,
18 James