From: Danis Petkakis <dpetka2001@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Hard disk power save
Date: Sat, 07 Feb 2009 19:31:43
1 in both drives i try to spin down i use ntfs as filesystem...
2
3 2009/2/7 Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
4
5 > Danis Petkakis wrote:
6 > > you're telling me i have to umount it first and then put it to sleep?
7 > > because it is mounted it cannot be put to sleep?
10 > If you have a journalized file system, you may have to. Every time it
11 > updates the journal it will spin the drive back up. I think some of the
12 > gurus need to know what file system you are using and then go from
13 > there. Spinning down a drive can be done but some situations won't
14 > allow that to happen to well.
15 >
16 > Dale
17 >