From: James <wireless@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: emerge error
Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2008 18:33:44
1 Neil Bothwick <neil <at> digimed.co.uk> writes:
4 > > ideas?
5
6 > fsck. If that fails, copy off the data you can and reformat, the
7 > filesystem is screwed.
8
9 Roger that.
10
11 Here's an idea, since it's a minimal firewall, that I'm currently using,
12 and scp works.
13
14 dd over ssh everything onto a 8G Compact Flash card that is plugged
15 into another system and then install the CF card into an ide-to-cf socket
16 reboot and then emerge-sync? think this will work?
19 The partions are simple on the existing firewall:
20 /dev/hda3 18G 2.1G 16G 12% /
21 udev 125M 2.6M 123M 3% /dev
22 shm 125M 0 125M 0% /dev/shm
23 /dev/hda1 393M 46M 347M 12% /boot
24
25 Next format the CF card similar to the above scheme.
26
27 <not sure exactly how to run dd over ssh any (syntax) ideas? >
30 Then install CF disk into similar arch machine (amd k6)and boot it
31 up.
32
33 Since I have quite a few of these machine and several friends
34 running on similar firewalls, it's time I start using CF drvies
35 and develop a procedure to replicate the firewalls, without
36 3 days of install, configuring and compiling.
37
38 Do you think this will work?
39 Did I miss any steps?
42 I do not want to reboot until I get an second firewall working.....
45 James
50 gentoo-user@l.g.o mailing list